Friday, July 11, 2008

From Maui Comes Reason

I think it was only 9:30 or 10:00 at night when overlooking the Seattle skyline from some party we had crashed on Alki Beach (it's located in West Se....aw fuck it, if you don't know the city) when the infamous Tyler, visiting from...I assume Hawaii...turned to me and said "Y'know, you should keep a blog or some shit since I only keep in touch with people via the internet".

I don't remember my next move, as its entirely possible I dismissed his comment to drool at a passing female or bitch at how warm my beer was, but about a couple weeks after his departure back into his own nomadic lifestlye, where even HE can maintain a website despite sometimes being in places where running water can be a luxury, let alone the internet, I decided the least I could do is try and keep up.

Most of my old friends from back east who may or may not read this with any regularity already know I had a brainfart sometime back in late '07 and decided I would move west. I still have brainfarts, but they usually cause a more "localized" disturbance (running across the street to the 7-11 at 3am for a hot dog and a slurpee when neither hungry nor thirsty). The fact is, I realize it's a little sketchy on my part to bail 3,000 miles away in a flash, and all the while answering your phone calls yet not really ever providing much of an explanation for why I moved and what I'm currently doing.

Whatever...some of you read my older blog when I was in high school/early college, and the fail was rather strong in that one. I don't expect to maintain this daily, nor fill it with my own activities or conquests only...this simply exists to fill my quota of incoherent rambling, to demonstrate that yes I'm doing okay and staying productive (mostly), and that I didn't move to Seattle and became a drifter in flannel, retracing the steps of early Pearl Jam and Soundgarden in some horrid attempt at rekindling my days in elementary and middle school.

Actually, that last part doesn't sound so bad if I'm randomly fired from my job anytime soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's okay--None of us know why we're here. :-)